Facing Your Identity
The following observations, gathered across the internet, show that identity is important to us.
- People everywhere are struggling to “find themselves.” http://mannaandcoffee.com/2014/05/04/identity-by-andrew-mullek/
- … the world is entering a new era of anxiety over identity. http://pando.com/2014/09/11/whispers-michael-heyward-on-the-fragile-fragmented-nature-of-identity-in-the-social-age/
- Losing your identity brings with it immense pain and confusion. http://www.intercollegiatereview.com/index.php/2014/09/17/the-role-of-identity-in-dantes-inferno/
- If personal identity is memory then [it] … involves as much forgetting as remembering. http://positionreserved.blogspot.ie/2015/05/reflections-on-personal-identity.html?spref=tw
- Who .. is fortunate enough to have a very clear, single-minded sense of identity and belonging? http://dversepoets.com/2014/05/13/poetics-those-pesky-questions-of-identity/
- … stereotypes trivialize identity http://www.thecrimson.com/article/2014/9/25/asian-american-experience/
- … we often retreat into ourselves … in order to explore and define our identity. http://www.reallycoolblog.com/the-grid-a-representation-of-selfhood-and-identity-in-d-j-wadies-holy-land/
- One of the main problems with … our identity is whatever we chose will one day change. http://www.robshep.com/2014/06/19/identity-crisis/
- … it’s so important to actively be on a continuous journey of knowing your identity and being self aware. http://girlmeetslife.com/2014/08/on-knowing-your-identity/
- Who are you, why are you here, what’s important to you? These are some wicked existential questions. But they’re worth grappling with if you want to live with greater meaning and purpose. http://www.simoninglis.com/discovering-your-identity-a-vision-for-a-brighter-future
Rather than allowing swarms of unsatisfied notions fester under the surface, it is better to bring them into the light, face them and find out who you are. This is the main objective of The Gerald Keogh Identity Series. Follow us!